Our vision is to supply safe, reliable access to clean drinking water for all Kenyans through ceramic water filter technology in a sustainable manner. Through this, we hope to empower Kenyans to improve their health and that of their families
Our mission is:
- To produce efficient ceramic water filters using local materials and labor, which are adapted to local culture and lifestyle, and biologically efficacious.
- To supply these products at affordable prices for the rural poor, keeping marginal profit strictly for sustainability.
- To market and distribute our products directly to consumers through local markets, shops, and points of sale
- To decrease the incidence of gastrointestinal disease in children under the age of 5 living in rural Kenya.
- To become a financially sustainable notforprofit, which is entirely owned and operated by Kenyans.
- To share our technology and continue to innovate and improve through local and horizontal sharing and transfer.
- To educate and motivate Kenyans to improve the health and wellbeing of their families through simple, adaptable, and culturally relevant techniques in preventative health and hygiene.
CeraMaji was a foundational venture and brainchild of ICChange, a not-for-profit organization based out of Alberta, Canada. Launched in 2007, CeraMaji was founded to address one of the most basic and universal global needs: access to clean drinking water.
Drawing on the ICChange method of need identification, model development, evaluation through implementation, monitoring, sustainability, and developing competencies, CeraMaji has evolved and grown to reach hundreds of thousands of vulnerable individuals across East Africa.